2014-09-27

M48 A5, Humvee, artillery and stuff

Today it was marketday in the little town that I
am living in. On my way to the groceries I passed
the marketstands and made a great find.
I bought a action-package with plastic-soldiers
and support vehicles and other "stuff".
The soldiers were very poor and details were
everything but crisp but the rest was quite nice.
In the package I found 3 american tanks M48 A5
that will be upgraded with details to fit in a
cold war/after the apocalypse-scenario. Two nicely
modelled Humvees that also will need som "addons"
before they are ready. I am not sure if I will fit them
with 50 cal-machine guns or Mk 19 grenade launchers.
The package also contained artillery that I can´t
figure out if it is a out of scale heavy-piece of field gun
or a heavy recoilless-gun on wheels!? I will fit it with

a shelter-shield in the front for close-support.
Barbed-wire, sandbags, check-point beam and a truck
that will need a lot of attention before it is ready.
All this for only 8 Euros is a nice price because most of
it will fit into the 1:48 scale (28mm). I will use it for
small scale skirmish and also for SoTR.

Idag var det marknadsdag i den lilla staden där jag bor
och på väg till mataffären så passerade jag de olika
stånden med saker som var till försäljning. Jag passade
på att köpa ett action-paket som innehöll plastsoldater,
fordon och "annat". Plastfigurerna var allt annat än väl-
gjorda men resten i paketet var helt o.k. Jag kunde räkna
3 st amerikanska M48 A5-tanks som ska fixas till lite innan
de är redo för att medverka vid spel i en kalla kriget/efter
katastrofen-scenario. Två snyggt tillverkade Humvees kommer
även att genomgå en renovering och jag är i nuläget inte
säker på om jag ska utrusta dom med 50 cal-kulsprutor
eller Mk 19 granatkastare(40 mm).I paketet låg det även
två artilleripjäser som jag inte kan specificera. Är osäker
på om de är fältartilleri som inte är i rätt skala eller om det
är tungt rekylfritt artilleri på hjul!? Jag kommer dock att förse
båda pjäserna med en skyddande frontplåt för att kunna
användas som understöd i frontlinjen. Taggtråd, sandsäckar,
bom för kontroll och slutligen en lastbil som kräver en hel del
innan den är redo för spelbordet. Allt detta för endast 80 kr
är ett helt o.k pris med tanke större delen stämmer med
skala 1:48(28 mm). Jag kommer att spela med dessa i
små slag(skirmish) samt SoTR.










4 kommentarer:

  1. Great finds, all very useful pieces.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yes indeed Joe. Especially the Humvees and the tanks.I will probably paint them in woodland-camo and think they will look real good.Thankyou for this comment. :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. In 40k could the Humvees be Taurox, the tanks Leman Russes and the artillery could be standard autocannons.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Thankyou Christian. :) I have thought about this too and it sounds good.I am planning to paint the plastics in a woodland camo-pattern and this would blend in quite well with my 40k-cadians that have a colour-scheme in dark green, green, olive and brown. Still I have to put on some more details before entereing the gaming table. :)

    SvaraRadera